Countess Mélanie’s Salon
Board games and a societal exchange
The Countess Mélanie de Pourtalès, a sought-after guest in the imperial salons to Paris and inimitable hostess at Château de Pourtalès, was famous for her talent to entertain and surprise her guests. She regularly invited the most fashionable celebrities of the time, as well as a variety of live-artists, musicians, writers and aristocrats.
After being greeted by the Countess Mélanie, guests will be dispatched among the various salons or depending on the season in the beautiful park in order to discover the variety of games and activities:
- In the salons: charades, “alive paintings”, mime skit, “linguistic rivalry”, board games from the XVIII and XIX century, card games, more modern board games of all kinds, some original creations, in the presence of the inventor.
- In the park or on the terace (weather permitted): croquet, viking kubbs, mölkky, bowling, disco-golf, target shooting, race etc…
- In the evening with finger food - a delightful way to have dinner
- In the afternoon during the cold season with coffee, tea and delicacies
- Entertainment with actors in historical costumes
- With musical entertainment or small concerts (e.g. piano, chamber music, chansons…)
Minimum number of participants: 20 people
Maximum number of participants: +/- 150 people
Duration: 3-5 hrs
Available languages: DE, EN, FR
© Copyright : Destination SAS and Faire-Play