ALSACE DURING WINTER: A FAIRYTALE
From late November until Christmas every town or village on the Alsatian Wine Road conquers with the most beautiful Christmas decorations and, picturesque Christmas markets. The streets and squares are lavishly illuminated and the fragrance of spices revives childhood memories, while Christmas entertainments provide a festive atmosphere. The whole region is truly like a Winter Wonderland! The abundance of entertainments enables visitors to discover more about Alsace its culture and rich traditions.
The Christmas market of Strasbourger spreads over several streets and squares of the historic city center. Hundreds of vendors provide great gift ideas as they hold many little treasures from Christmas decorations to traditional crafts from the Alsatian region, which are sure to bring joy to the folks back home.
This is a selection of program activities for your personal winter fairytale in Alsace and Strasbourg:
- Guided tours focusing on Alsatian Christmas traditions with culinary stops (mulled wine, gingerbread, pies, cheese etc.)
- A visit to one or more Alsatian Christmas markets
- Cooking classes with Christmas specialities
- Baking of Alsatian Christmas cookies or Gingerbread houses
- Listen to a Story teller or an Organ concert …
- Wine tasting or wine seminars in the Château de Pourtalès
- Enjoy a Christmas Rally in Strasbourg
- Hiking with a trapper in the Vosges mountains, with an outdoor brunch or fondue
- Snow scooter trip in the Vosges
Some of the programs are also available after the Christmas period, from January to March.
Minimum number of participants: 15
Maximum number of participants: depending on the program
Duration: 2.5 - full-day / mulit-day programs
Available languages: DE, EN, FR, others upon request
© Copyright : Destination SA